Moving home checklist: tips to ease stress
Cleaning your property
Eco-friendly house cleaning
We all know how important is to use Eco-friendly, pet-friendly, harmless products.
Cleaning a house you are intending to sell this is especially important, as you want to make your property available to accommodate as many people as possible.
This is obviously not always an easy task.
Although there are many products on the market with big Eco-labels on them, when you read the label at the back, you find out that they are not as safe as they claim to be.
Here are some ways to house ready for sale:
Replace the equipment
If you need to change a household appliance like a stove or dishwasher, you should find a good quality replacement, not only to please the potential buyers but increase property value.
Large appliances are great electricity consumers so try to replace them with Eco ones that save energy, and money to take that strain off potential buyers, and improve your trust with them.
Clean efficiently using Eco products
Instead of using the big name brand cleaners that contain toxic chemicals when you come to cleaning the property, windows or glass items, you can make your own cleaning mixture that is both eco-friendly and safe around children and pets.
You can even make your own mixture to polish the furniture with.
Redirecting your post
Redirecting your post is one of the most important things you need to do when moving house, if not done, or done incorrectly it can cause problems for longer than necessary.
Redirecting can seem like a difficult process, but it is a lot easier than you think.
All you need to do is go to your local post office and ask about their redirection services
Finding a removals company
top tips for finding a removals company
- Always try to get at least 4 removal quotes from removals companies and gather your moving quotes either from your local area or the area you are planning to move to.
Once you have your removal quotes to hand it is important to speak with all the removal companies in person.
- This will enable you to get a feel for them and will also give you a chance to ask them any questions especially if you have any special requirements.
- The tried and tested way of finding a reliable removal company and receiving a genuine removals quote is by asking for testimonials or checking out their website.
Check to see if they are a part of any associations.
- The removal company you get your removal quote from should have a thorough look at your current home and belongings in order to give an accurate costing.
- If you are having various removals firms to come and visit make sure you are well prepared. They will want to look over every aspect of your property.
- Factors which will change the quote include the number of stairs in the property or to the property doors if you are moving from a flat & whether there is a lift or not. They will also want to ask about access for both ends (moving from & moving to) and is a very important factor to be taken into account.
- You will need to figure out what kind of removal service you need. For example, most companies will offer an all in one service that means they will pack and move your things, providing you with all the equipment you need.
- If the house removals company you are dealing with does not have suitable insurance, make sure you check if your home contents insurance covers your move.
Changing your bills
Changing your electric and gas providers is important to make the moving and settling in process easier.
Not only could this save you money, but it will avoid confusion when it comes to bills and repairs.
It may be best to get an electrician in to have a look at what you need so that they can advise you on a provider that suits you, and your need best.